Getting the most out of your scented candle
Scented candles breathe life wherever they are lit. At Melted, we make our candles from 100% natural ethically and sustainably sourced soy wax and beeswax. Paraffin wax traditionally used for candles releases carcinogens and many other toxic by-products right inside your home. Natural waxes on the other hand are cleaner both for the environment and your home. And they’re also much safer for children, elderly folk or people with respiratory conditions living in the house!
While soy and beeswax tend to burn slower and natural candles last longer than paraffin ones, here are some ways to get even more out of them. Explore a good collection of scented candles here.
Prolonging your candle’s life before the first use and between uses:
· Keep your candle wick trimmed to about 1/4th of an inch at all times.
If you have trouble reaching the wick with scissors, try nail clippers. The candle flame will be of manageable size, burn more evenly and leave much fewer soot stains.
· If your wick is too short, dig around it with a toothpick before lighting the candle.
· Keep your candle covered at all times so that the fragrance doesn’t fade.
· Storing your candle at room temperature away from sunlight and air vents and drafts is also a great way to preserve it.
Getting the most out of your candle when in use:
· Light your candle with a lighter rather than matchsticks, it’s the safer option and your candle won’t collect as much debris.
· Place the candle on a heat-resistant flat surface away from anything flammable.
· Restrict burning to 2-3 hours so that the wax surface burns evenly.
· Don’t move the candle when the wax is still molten or a tunnel will form around the wick.
Taking care of your candle after use:
· To extinguish your candle, cover it with the lid.
Most Melted candles come with lids to make putting out and preserving your candles easier. If yours didn’t come with a lid, you could use a glass bowl to put it out.
· Never use water to put out a candle; the sudden change of temperature can cause the glass to expand suddenly and break.
· Pick any debris out of the liquid wax with a pair of tweezers so that it doesn’t get trapped once the wax cools.
In case of any tunneling, cover the raised portion of the wax surface with aluminum foil and let the candle burn until the wax smoothens.
At Melted, we understand and appreciate the care that goes into picking gifts for the people we love as well as looking after the gifts we are given. We strive to bring love and light to all your relationships, creating the best candles for you by hand such that your candle is just as unique as you are.
No matter what your needs, we have something for everyone. Indulge yourself in our range of luxurious candles, or browse our site for more. Happy shopping!
Thanks for reading!